View Single Post

Old 06-16-2014, 04:46 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjone43 View Post
I had pasted the code from your tutorial into a test document and used the excell file from the tutorial. The logical tests are not working and I thought that for some reason the MERGESEQ variable was not receiving a value.
Have you actually completed the merge, or are you just doing a preview? These fields have been used thousands of times and the only time I've encountered anyone saying the field codes as supplied don't work is because they haven't completed the merge - the requirement for which is clearly stated in bold type on page 2 of the Introduction, under the heading 'Viewing the Mailmerge Output - Completing the Merge'.