View Single Post

Old 06-16-2014, 06:40 AM
pclausen58 pclausen58 is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

pclausen58 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down How do I remove the US Dictionary

Hi Paul,

Yes I did the same as you with an exception or two. I had to download the Australian Dictionary which only took a few seconds and installed itself, because I received the message repeatedly, that it wasn't installed. After a while I believed it because although I had enabled it, the button to push to make it the default, was greyed out.

Once downloaded, it became the default automatically ... until you used it. Or rather it probably stayed the default but the US dictionary ignored that.

Anyway, the good news is, that I found that I had overlooked something. This is an excerpt that I found in an old forum six years old, relating to an earlier version of Word but which rang a bell straight away. This is it:

'Word proofs text according to the language set in the formatting of the text. You can change this for selected text using the Set Language option on the Review ribbon.'

Of course I went straight to the ribbon, found that the US Dictionary was still the preferred one, did the deed and haven't had a problem since. I have been working for nearly four hours on my documents without a problem after setting the language option once again, from US to Australian Dictionary.

Your version of MS Office 2013 may be the more expensive one Paul, with a lot of extra's thrown in. Mine is the Education version, which although has some shortcomings for those who may need them, it is fine for me.
Thanks for your reply.

Cheers,
Peter