View Single Post

Old 06-09-2014, 08:15 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwatts View Post
I believe all of the folders are present, most of which are identified by date. However, the entire folders are completely empty. I cannot see a pattern as to which folders. This seems to involve mostly older folders, but not all of the older folders are empty. More recent ones are also empty. Otherwise, I cannot identify any specific documents, only that large numbers of folders are empty.
This suggests that whatever process you used to make the backups wasn't done in a consistent manner, with the result that, although the folders were created, not all files were transferred. This could happen if the backup was to a USB drive but it wasn't disconnected safely. The result would be that some of the cached data might not have been written to the drive. This usually isn't an issue if backup software is being used.

It's also possible that, after making the backups, the original folder contents were deleted, with the result that your latest backups didn't include those contents. Even if backup software is being used, backing-up empty folders is liable to delete the previously backed-up content.