View Single Post

Old 05-27-2014, 02:34 AM
NobodysPerfect NobodysPerfect is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Competent Performer

NobodysPerfect is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul,

I know, that I don't need Forms Protection with content controls.

I use it because it seems to be 'the lesser evil'. My users have been clicking on ActiveX radio buttons for lots of years now. They are used to one click = immediate change, which is the common behavior for radio buttons. They simply DO NOT WANT to click elsewhere before the change is triggered. And - to be honest - I can understand them.

So I though it might be a solution to use content control check boxes (with the almost appearance of radio buttons). But the problem now is, that whenever they (the users) click a check box, they either have to cope with
a) Forms Protection on: selection changes to next check box = not the radio button behavior they are used to, OR
b) Forms Protection off: they have to click somewhere else to trigger the on exit event = again not the radio button behavior they are used to.

Quote:
As for re-selecting the check box, how then is the user to ever select a different one?
Why shouldn't that be possible: Forms Protection selects the next check box without doing 'any harm'. You can click that check box or click another. Re-selection would just be another on entry - or am I wrong ...

Right now, I am not happy with any of the solutions - the users neither. If it wouldn't take 10 seconds (or more) to open the document with the radio buttons, I would stick to the ActiveX buttons (in that case). Maybe I'm a bit stubborn, but I'd like to have a solution, the users enjoy working with.

BTW: do you kow why Word needs 10 seconds to open a document with 136 grouped radio buttons, while Excel needs less than one?

NP