View Single Post

Old 01-30-2010, 07:44 PM
mkoenig mkoenig is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

mkoenig is on a distinguished road
Default Can I automate or make a macro for this?

Can some one help me automate a process or write a macro to do multiple steps that I repeat several times a day in Microsoft Word? I receive reports (Word docs) that I edit and save and then forward by email to the final recipient. There are about 6 different recipients that may receive these. Here are the steps I do every time after I have finished reviewing/editing the report:
1."Save As". I save it with the default name it had when it was sent to me but I need to save it to separate folder, depending on which final recipient I will be sending it to.
2. "Quick Print". I print out a copy to archive also.
3. "Send to Email Recipient"

I have no experience with macros. I read a little about them and watched a few MS tutorial videos. However, my initial attempts weren't successful. Ideally, once I am done with the document, I would click on one icon that would do the above steps. Specifically, if that document is going the Recipient A, I select the "Send to A" button/icon and it saves it to "Reports for A" folder (maintaining the original file name), prints it, and then emails it to A. If it is for recipient B, I click on icon "Send to B".......etc.

I am using Word 2007 (Office Professional 2007) with Windows XP.

Thank you very much,

Marc