View Single Post

Old 05-07-2014, 08:43 AM
steveneashcraft steveneashcraft is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

steveneashcraft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveneashcraft View Post
I have an application written in VB6. Once I have created a word document within the application and do a saveas the save as dialog pop ups and my application waits for the user to click on "Save".
I have set the filename and file format before calling saveas.
Since this application is supposed to run unattended as an application this is a problem.
This worked with Office 2003 but when we upgraded to Office 2010 we now have the application waiting for a user to click "Save"
Any ideas on what setting I need to change so that the Save dialog is suppressed and the file is just saved based on the filename and type set in the VB6 application?
Thanks.
I found another clue. The original document that I want to open and then do a save as word document is being created with an internal format of rtf.
Apparently Office 2003 was willing to open a document that was rtf internally and then save it back to the same name but using the Office 2003 Word doc format without asking for confirmation from the user.
This was how the application was able to provide different internal formats for .doc files.
I think Microsoft has changed the rules again and I am just out of luck.
Does anyone have any ideas.