Thread: [Solved] Word 2003 - Printing Symbols
View Single Post

Old 05-01-2014, 08:11 AM
SuzieGraphics SuzieGraphics is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

SuzieGraphics is on a distinguished road
Default Word 2003 - Printing Symbols

So, as I am on the verge of ripping my hair out... lol ... I thought I would post here and hope for some HELP!

I have a document that I have open in Word 2003 (was created in Word 2010) and, the author has inserted a  symbol instead of a check box (using the Insert, Symbol) and, I have had NO luck getting it to print. If I print preview, it shows up. If I print to PDF, it shows up and if I print that PDF, it prints on the page but, I cannot get it to show up on the printed page IF I print directly from Word....which I have to do as I have inserted a Macro in that prints sequential numbers on each page that is printed.

I have looked in the options, googled till my fingers were raw and, I cannot find anything to fix this.

What I also tried was, to highlight each "symbol" and change the font to "Symbol" as the whole document was Times New Roman and, that didn't work either.

I cannot change this document in any way without it going through an approval process for a new revision so, changing the symbol to a check box is not an option.

Any ideas?