View Single Post

Old 04-21-2014, 01:55 PM
codeghi codeghi is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Advanced Beginner

codeghi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS View Post
I'm afraid the [Project] field used in the grouping will not recognize any subprojects as separate from the project. The best I can suggest (other than being very careful about multiple layers of subprojects) is to manually code the sub-subproject tasks in some manner and apply the third level group to pick up those codes.

May I ask why you have some a complex structure? My concern is the possibility for corruption in the files unless this is very stringently monitored and controlled.

Hello julie, I picked up your suggestion, I have now set up with a single project-layer.
I wanted to ask you one last thing: with the method you suggested, is it possible to see not the worked hours but, for each resource, the ratio of the worked hours on a project and the total working time actually carried out in a month? For example, resource 1 works 75h for project 1 and 25h for project 2, the rest of the month is non working time: I would like show that in the month resource 1 spends 0.75 of working time for project 1 and 0.25 for project 2. I could do it in excel, I wonder if it is possible to do it automatically in Project