View Single Post

Old 04-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Tango Mike Tango Mike is offline Mac OS X Office 2008 for Mac
Advanced Beginner

Tango Mike is on a distinguished road
Default Find/Find and Replace Loop

I'm using Word 2008 on a 2009 MacBook Pro and just installed OS 10.8 Mountain Lion.

Working with long text documents suddenly became less user-friendly with loss of the single scroll arrows for line-by-line reviewing, but I can work around it. What I can't tolerate is loss of Find/Find and Replace functionality.

Once I've used Find or Find and Replace, I cannot move off of the last page with the found text. If I click on either of the double arrows, I get the box asking me if I want to continue searching the document. No matter what I do from that point on, any attempt to change the page with the double arrows creates exactly the same problem and locks me up on that page. The only way to get out of it is to quit Word and begin again and then don't ever use the Find/Find and Replace command.

I've searched for information about this problem to no avail. If I could verify that Word 2011 and OS 10.8 don't have the same issue, I might be tempted to upgrade. If not, it's back to OS 10.6.8, which worked perfectly with Word 2008.

I know it's a dinosaur mentality, but I'm leery of upgrades and this is just one example of why.

Has anyone ever heard of this problem?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Tosh