Thread: [Solved] Post Windows 8.1
View Single Post

Old 04-15-2014, 09:33 PM
MrClever MrClever is offline Windows 8 Office 2010 64bit
Novice

MrClever is on a distinguished road
Default Post Windows 8.1

Hello. I have Office Professional Plus 2010. After Windows forced the install of 8.1 from the 8.1 Preview I had been using, I had to re-install everything. This wasn't much of a problem, just an inconvenience. One of the issues that hasn't resolved is Office.

Every time I try to open a document (Word and Excel are what I use) the document loads up. What also loads is the "Microsoft Office Activation Wizard".
It tells me that my version is not activated, and furthermore it "...is designed for corporate or institutional customers. Connect your computer to your corporate network to complete activation."

I believe I purchased this version of Office through my work at a reduced price because of a purchase agreement with my work and Microsoft or something. I would have been given a link to download the software and a key. Regardless, it was several years ago and I don't recall. And I can't find the email for it, either.

I am given an opportunity in the Activation Wizard to Change Product Key. That's all I can report.

Does anyone know what to do? This was working perfectly prior to 8.1's turnover from Preview. Please help!