View Single Post

Old 04-14-2014, 03:45 AM
Vincent Vincent is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

Vincent is on a distinguished road
Smile Using Excel data to automatically make Word documents

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum
I am not totally sure I'm posting in the right section but hopefully you guys will tell me and move this thread if need be.

I have tried searching past threads for an answer to my question but couldn't find anything. To be honest I am not really sure how to phrase my question either, so please feel free to modify this thread's title so it can help others too

Now here's my question:

I am currently looking for a job and I have gathered data about people and companies I would like to get in touch with. I have a fairly large number of people to contact now (80) and I really don't want to go through the hassle of updating my cover letter 80 times manually, especially since I want to tell them exactly the same thing! So I thought to myself, there must be a way to automate that process.

I have an Excel document with 8 columns:
First name
Name
Company
Address line 1
Postcode
City
Phone

I'd like this data to be sucked automatically into the "recipient" field of my cover letter and, ideally saved as a PDF, then even more ideally if it could be sent via e-mail automatically then it'd be WONDERFUL!

It would also be truly fantastic if the e-mail could be customised to each recipient!

No idea how to do that though. I can't code, I don't know macros, I didn't do computer science at uni. Can you guys think of a clever yet simple way to go about this task?

Thank you so much for your attention!

Kind regards

Vincent