Thread: [Solved] Can't merge mail from Excel
View Single Post

Old 04-05-2014, 02:27 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmed1 View Post
I have followed the steps above but when i run the SELECT * part my whole system keeps crashing and the Excel file freezes up
Did you create the mailmerge main document as described? Dis you give it the same name as the code uses (or change the name in the code to suit)? Did you save the document to the same folder as the Excel workbook?

I am also not surprised the code I provided doesn't work, because it's based on the code you originally supplied, which used "SELECT * FROM 'Sheet1'" but your recorded macro has "SELECT * FROM `Address`". You can't expect the macro to work if you tell it to get data from a worksheet named 'Sheet1' (which I suspect doesn't exist in your workbook) when you really want it to get the data from a worksheet named 'Address'.