View Single Post

Old 04-04-2014, 04:54 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by epid011 View Post
The goal of the VBA macro is to extract the text from the first cell and assign it to a variable (see attached document). The problem that I’m having is that I can’t get it to retain the superscripted letter ‘s’ after the word ‘test’.
The basic issue is that string variables are just that - strings; they cannot contain formatting information. And, even if they could, a message box cannot display such formatting. If you could explain what you're trying to achieve, we could perhaps suggest another way. I wouldn't be inclined to go down Larry's route, though, unless there's no better way, as that route adds what may be a lot of unnecessary overheads if all aspects of formatting are to be preserved.