View Single Post

Old 01-21-2010, 12:23 PM
pressball pressball is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

pressball is on a distinguished road

DO NOT GET THE Aaxa P1 - That projector is NOT bright enough for office use and doesn't have a direct VGA connection.

I got the Aaxa P1 and exchanged it for the Aaxa P2. It's WAY better, the P2 is about 3x the brightness and has a direct VGA connection (but it does cost like $100 more)

To answer your question, the Aaxa P2 projector is very good for presentations if you're doing presentations under 1 hour. The battery pack is only good for one hour - the portability of this projector is amazing, it's the size of 2 cigarette packs stacked together yet it can project whatever is on your laptop. The relatively high resolution (800x600) makes even projecting PDFs / word docs totally acceptable. Another thing is the durability of the LED bulb - I just got tired of breaking $350 bulbs in the Casio projector I was lugging around - I have had the P2 for many trips now and so far no problems!

One thing to keep in mind is that you want to turn the lights down, these handheld projectors don't work too well with the lights on.

For powerpoint you can just copy the slides directly onto the projector (you have to convert them to .BMP first though) so you don't even need a laptop! But I usually bring mine anyways - the presentation looks better when connected to a laptop for some reason..

Thing is tiny it looks like this:

Here's some pictures I took - big 70-80" images