View Single Post

Old 01-20-2010, 02:15 AM
BhagyashriK BhagyashriK is offline Windows 98/ME Office 2003
Novice

BhagyashriK is on a distinguished road
Post how to verify that digital signature in microsoft word is IT ACT compliant?

Hi,
I studied relaibility criteria mentioned in IT ACT 2008 in detail.
It says

An electronic signature is considered to be reliable for the purpose of satisfying the requirement referred to in paragraph 1 if:
(a) The signature creation data are, within the context in which they are used, linked to the signatory and to no other person;
(b) The signature creation data were, at the time of signing, under the control of the signatory and of no other person;
(c) Any alteration to the electronic signature, made after the time of signing, is detectable; and
(d) Where a purpose of the legal requirement for a signature is to provide assurance as to the integrity of the information to which it relates, any alteration made to that information after the time of signing is detectable.

As digital signature is one of forms of electronic signature, I need to verify whether the process that we follow to get signed document is IT ACT compliant or not?
How do you verify that the process of generation of certificate and verification is IT ACT compliant ?
Is there any methodology available for that ?
Waiting for your reply ..

Regards,
Bhagyashri Katole
MTS, C-DAC,Pune
India