View Single Post

Old 03-31-2014, 09:34 AM
sgaeta sgaeta is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

sgaeta is on a distinguished road
Question Mail merge headmasters

Thanks so much for the quick response and re directs to your tutorials. It was very helpful, although I am still a bit confused on the actuals steps to get to the steps you refer to. After you press Ctl F9 how do you get the Quote, If, Set and MergeReq etc, in the braces. Do you select "edit field" and from the options select the fields and how do they stay in the text box after you select them? Does the field names (IF, QUOTE, SET, etc) fill in automatically after you insert the merge field because you are in a directory or catalog merge or do you type them in physically? I guess I am not that savvy but I am a quick learner if shown. Any screen shot steps or video that actually shows you how to get to or write/insert these codes?

I have used Mail Merge for many years, but just the basic letter, envelopes & labels via print and email distribution, but I am really perplexed about the steps to produce the written code that shows when you select Shift F9 or Alt F9 for the whole document.

Thanks for your previous instructions, but unless I know how to get them in the braces I'm lost. I am going to try and generate a report through Access and see how this route goes as there are additional grids that has information that can be combined and may be a better route to get the results we are looking for using more than one data source.

I have to say that I am impressed with the turn around response time to my question. Again THANKS!!