View Single Post

Old 03-30-2014, 06:27 PM
LRAT LRAT is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Novice

LRAT is on a distinguished road
Default Fixed (Sort of)

Hi Macropad,
That was one of the other problems. I tried to repair and uninstall Office 2013: None of these options worked! Tried it in safe mode, no success either.
The only method I had left was hard killing it by deleting files in the ProgramFiles! I know, not the recommended method to do it but I had no other choice. Eventually I was then able to re-install Office 2010. Of course it didn't come with the updates. I left my computer on overnight to download 370 MB of SP1 and critical updates. Now this morning I need to install another 244MB worth of updates.
Anyway, I spent 4 days trying to sort this out. A lesson well learned! Microsoft is uncontactable. I have tried everything but you can't contact them. Very convenient when you are a regular user as I am. I don't think I will ever buy Microsoft products again. The lack of support and advice to their customers is shocking. I've tried several forums as well. The only person who responded was Macropod (Thanks mate). It seems there is much more support available for Open Office or Libre Office.
End conclusion: Lost four days of my time, lost my money buying rubbish software and build up lots of frustration.
I need a drink now...