View Single Post

Old 03-27-2014, 06:46 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

I am a great fan of MacroButton Field prompts. I even wrote an Add-In to let you insert them painlessly. MacroButton Prompt Add-In However, they are sort of useless when you can't see them. You can still use F11 to move from field to field, but that isn't exactly intuitive either. Will this be used by people with versions of Word before Word 2007? If not, I would suggest Content Controls instead.

If it will be used by people with Word 2003 or earlier, you could mark the prompt as hidden without marking the entire field as hidden. Take a look at my Add-In. It is set so that the prompt is in a colored text but what is typed is in the style of the surrounding text.

I suppose if the people typing have display of hidden text turned on it makes sense with it not being printed. That would work.

I will be attaching a version with both content controls and macrobutton fields in a couple of seconds. In both instances in Word 2007 and later, the tab key will take you to the next place to type.