View Single Post

Old 03-27-2014, 11:28 AM
sgaeta sgaeta is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

sgaeta is on a distinguished road
Question Mail Merge a letter to headmasters with rows of data/students assoc. w/school

I am trying to Mail Merge a letter to headmasters with rows of data/students assoc. w/school in one letter. I've gone through many videos and tutorials, but it gives you the codes and structure, but not how to actually place them in the {} braces after you press Ctl F9. I thought that I had it correctly, but when I finished the merge I only came up with the Address Block and Greetings merge info...No letter or students.

I am not sure of the actual steps once I created the Directory mail merge and insert the information into the Ctl F9 field. I selected the IF field and typed MERGESEQ and tried to insert the rest of the information and then pressed Alt F9 and inserted the merge field from the Mailings Tab. Do I insert the Ctl F9 field continually inside the first {}? I sorted the fields in the excel document (should they be moved to the first column?)

Is there a video tutorial that goes through the steps of how to insert this information. Also, do I insert the text of the letter in between the "" quotes so it switches with the headmaster name change and lists the students that go to that school instead of creating individual letters to the headmaster for each student associated with that school or school code?