View Single Post

Old 03-14-2014, 08:58 AM
msperry msperry is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Competent Performer

msperry is on a distinguished road

Hi,

There are several ways to go about this.

The first is to create another PST file (an Outlook Data File) and call it something like Archive-2013, then move all your emails from 2013 into that archive. Then, repeat for each year of data you have. This is my favorite way to work, because I only "clean up" once a year.

The second way is to take advantage of the Auto Archive facility in Outlook and let it do the work. It basically does the same thing, the only caveat being that all data gets "shoved into" the same archive.pst file (meaning you could end up with an enormous archive file). To get started search for "archive" in the Outlook help area.

The third way might not directly help you; but you mentioned that you wanted to save msg files to disk - there are lots of tools to help you with this (including (ahem) my own tool for saving emails in msg format) but what confuses me is how you plan on "uploading back into my user folder in the server as pop3. Do you mean you simply want access to the emails after getting them out of IMAP? If so, then one of the two archive methods above should suffice.