View Single Post

Old 02-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Xaand Xaand is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Novice

Xaand is on a distinguished road
Default Age calculation with date and DOB fields

Hi!
I must state that I am by no means trained in any form of programming/coding. What I have learned over the past week, I have done by finding information on the internet.

Here is what I am trying to achieve:
1. I am currently developing a form and I want the age to be calculated based on the current date and the DOB entered by the individual completing the form. The code I entered keeps on returning the age of the person rounded up. Ex: I entered April 8, 1981 as the DOB and the age returned is 33 instead of 32 (the person will only be 33 on April 8th of this year). I have included the Word document that I have been working with. Someone told me it might have something to do with updating fields (this means nothing to me J)
2. If the individual’s age is below 1 year of age, I would like the code to reflect the age in months. That being said the output would be “years” if they are over the age of 1, “year” if they are 1 year old, months if they are 2 to 11 months of age and “month” if they are 1 month old and “weeks” if they are only a few weeks old.
Any help would be appreciated. I have been working on this for a few days and I have no idea what I am doing J. I feel like the code in my word document should function, but I keep on getting a total that is off by 1.

Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: docx coding_test.docx (21.8 KB, 58 views)