Thread: PDF to Excel
View Single Post

Old 01-29-2014, 10:02 AM
shanemarkley shanemarkley is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

shanemarkley is on a distinguished road

Bob-

Thank you for your reply to this message. You are correct that the code I posted previously will download the file and save it in the root directory as "ProductCatalog.pdf". As Paul and I discussed before, I was planning on using Adobe Acrobat 8 Profession to do the conversion of the "ProductCatalog.pdf" to "ProductCatalog.txt" file. The VBA code that Paul put together for me pulls the needed data out of the "ProductCatalog.txt" file to update my Inventory/Cost Program.

I found a couple sources online that have code to do this conversion automatically, but nothing I can get to work correctly for me. Paul said previously that it is usually harder to diagnose issues with someone else's code over writing something fresh which is why I haven't referred to the code I found yet.

Here are the steps that I am looking to have completed:

1.) code to automatically download the file - done
2.) code to automatically convert the downloaded file from PDF to TXT - needed
3.) code to automatically update the prices from the converted TXT file to my Inventory/Cost Program - completed by Paul
4.) put all 3 parts above into a single working script

Please let me know what else I can do to help out with this. I am continuing to work on step 2 myself, but haven't had any luck yet. Thank again!

-Shane