View Single Post

Old 01-28-2014, 11:01 PM
BobBridges BobBridges is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Expert

BobBridges has a spectacular aura aboutBobBridges has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by execelledsoftware
Wow this was certainly informational.
LOL. I remember a comic translation of womamspeak into manspeak and vice versa. One of the entries was a woman saying "You certainly are...manly." The translation is "you're sweating and you smell a lot". I get the feeling that "informational" may mean "boy, you sure churned out a lot of words, there".

Yeah, of course the way you suggested is the obvious way to do it. But I have a sort of mania about putting frequently-used routines inside smaller routines, to make them easier to use; and I not only call NN five times in this function, but I also call in from the function immediately above. As soon as I saw I needed to do it more than once, that was it; I assumed I'd want it again in yet other routines, sooner or later, so I put it in a separate function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalin.B
Have you tried [Application.Evaluate]?
I'd never even heard of it. And now that I look it up, it seems to me I've been ignoring the methods of the Application object far too long. I think I have some reading and experimenting to do. Thanks, Catalin; I don't know that I'll end up using it—what I have now seems to work—but even if I don't, I'll have learned about Evaluate and those other useful-looking methods and will probably use some of them on another occasion.