View Single Post

Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 AM
kuwanderer kuwanderer is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

kuwanderer is on a distinguished road
Default Best way to set up big project

Hey,
I've been working on creating a huge project. It basically is a timeline of the life of a shipping container that goes through 50+ different events divided into a design, 1st production, and Build phases. I've got it build and it works great in project. My problem is organizing it with 150+ containers going through the timeline during the projects life. My container will be built in waves with 5-10 starting the timeline together then another wave the following week.

The best solution I've found is making each event a summary task that contains each container in the program. So there will be around 50 summary task(event tracking points) containing 150+ containers. I am using different text columns for Project manager, Container ID, and Category so I can filter to see just the container in the timeline that I want. It works. But When I filter to show just the container for 1 project manager the % compete doesn't reflect what is filtered. It reflects everything.

So, Is there a better way to organize the project? Is there a way to have % complete for each summary task reflect only what is filtered? I'll try an attach a pic to show what I am doing.

Thanks for any help