Thread: PDF to Excel
View Single Post

Old 01-14-2014, 12:29 PM
shanemarkley shanemarkley is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

shanemarkley is on a distinguished road

Paul-

Thank you again for your response to this post. I just did a test run with the new changes it the price update part worked! I am really excited to have this part working, but there are still a couple follow up pieces I could use your help with if possible.

The part of the script that is suppose to highlight the retail price field if any changes are made did not work. I am guessing this is because all of those fields are cleared out prior to them updating so there is no way to actually tell if its a new price based on the old information. If there a way we can fix this to still display in "red" if there is a sales price update?

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out with recoding the script so that it does not wipe out the "SLO" fields. I am guessing you could change the ".Range("K6:K" & LRow).ClearContents" to an IF, THEN statement to ignore the fields that contain "SLO" in the cell?

SLO prices is price point given on certain products by the reps that is cheaper than the retail shelf pricing. This is not available to the public so it has to be order and priced in a different way. Most establishments have a limited number of these items to it is something they can look up manually.

It would be amazing to have the script down download the PDF file and Adobe Acrobat conversion as well! That is definitely the ideal solution! The PDF is update once a month (on the 6th I believe) and it is always updated at the same url so this should be static for the most part - http://www.lcbapps.lcb.state.pa.us/w...uctCatalog.PDF

On a side note, let me know if there is anything I can do to return the favor for both of you helping me out with this project!