View Single Post

Old 01-10-2014, 10:55 AM
NobodysPerfect NobodysPerfect is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Competent Performer

NobodysPerfect is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with a) checkboxes and b) key binding

Maybe I should write two posts as my second problem result in a workaround for my first problem.

I recently created a quite comprehensive form for a customer with protected sections as well as unprotected ones. The protected sections consist of about 30 small tables. Each of these tables contains four checkboxes (form fields) in the first column which behave like option buttons (if one is checked, the others are automatically unchecked). Depending on the box checked in the first column, another four checkboxes (max) can be selected in the second column. Unavailable combinations are greyed and inactive. In the end some value will be calculated. This really works fine …

But now the feedback from the customer: when scrolling through the document using the PgUp or PgDown key some checkboxes are activated completely arbitrary, which really can falsify the calculation. Unfortunately this behavior is reproducible …

Any idea what can cause such a behavior? How can checkboxes be activated while scrolling through a document?

As I wasn’t able to find the reason, I decided to disable the PgUp and PgDown key using key binding. To my great surprise, the keys are now locked in the unprotected sections of the document. Within the protected sections (the checkboxes) they are still enabled. I expected the keys to be disabled within the whole document. Am I wrong?

I’m really looking forward for ANY help, as I am on my wits’ end.

Thanks a lot!