View Single Post

Old 01-10-2014, 07:54 AM
jqavins jqavins is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

jqavins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
That's OK if the table starts at the top of the page, but won't produce the right effect if it starts half-way down. In that case, the text box will be in the wrong position for the other pages. You'd then have to start messing around with Section breaks & different first page settings...
Thanks, the text box hanging off the page header should do it. (Someone in my company might object that I've messed with the required standard header, but I can probably get away with it, since the header will be correct visually.) I can make sure the table starts at the top of a page. I can also put all the fixed text that goes next to the table page number in the text box and have the box fill the entire space of cell; that will make allignment easier.

Thanks again. It'll take some doing to implement this, but it's doable. I repeat my call for MS to add support for multiple page numbering sequences running in parallel to a Word update in the near future. Mine is the third case needing it that I've seen, and I haven't been looking long for them.