View Single Post

Old 12-29-2013, 01:26 AM
gcmill23 gcmill23 is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

gcmill23 is on a distinguished road
Question Windows 8.1 Pro RAID Issues

I had a hardware RAID card installed in my computer prior to upgrading to Windows 8.1 Pro and it worked well in Windows 7. Since installing 8.1 I have had nothing but issues with my RAID. I understood that it might be a problem with my card not supporting Win 8.1. So, ordered and received a card that does support Win 8 but no luck, my RAID is still down after installing the new card. It appears that it may be a software issue. I am going to uninstall and reinstall the RAID software. However, with 8.1 being a newer operating system, I also am concerned that there may be a portion of 8.1 that supports a RAID directly off of the motherboard if properly set to do so. Because there is no 8.1 manual, I cannot search for the answer in any useful way. So, please tell me if I am fighting interference from a portion of 8.1 that would no the job and I just do not know it. Also, if there is a portion of 8.1 that supports a RAID I would certainly like to know how to activate it and specify a RAID 1.

Thanks!

Greg