Thread: PDF to Excel
View Single Post

Old 12-26-2013, 11:34 AM
shanemarkley shanemarkley is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

shanemarkley is on a distinguished road

Bob,my apologies. I was able to see the macro in that file. I have been doing some training on VBA, but I am still pretty new to it. I tried to run the macro against the entire converted PDF and it ended up locking up Excel. I tried to let it run for about 2 hours, but still no luck. Based on the code, I am guessing the the macro sorts through the data in tab2 and outputs it into tab1? What I did was paste the data from the fully converted PDF into tab2 (plugin-productCatalog2) and then ran the macro from that tab.

Maybe it would be best if the macro just pulled out the needed data based on what liquors an establishment sells and outputted that in the correct format instead of everything? This would save a ton of time and processing power since it would only need to be a couple hundred items. I attached part of the Cost/Inventory spreadsheet I am working with so you can see an example of the format of spreadsheet I am trying to update.

Also, the first converted PDF I sent you was done using an online program called "PDF to Excel". Would it be possible for the macro you wrote to clean up an .xls file that was converted from Adobe Acrobat? This would be the more ideal solution as opposed to using an online program to do the conversion every time. I attached part of the outputted spreadsheet from the Adobe Acrobat conversion.

Thanks again for all your help with this and I hope you had a happy holiday!
Attached Files
File Type: xlsm Liquor Inventory_Cost sheet - Example.xlsm (63.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: xlsx Adobe PDF to Excel Convestion example.xlsx (130.6 KB, 14 views)