View Single Post

Old 12-21-2013, 06:02 PM
RHWoodman RHWoodman is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

RHWoodman is on a distinguished road
Question How To Use Outlook Rules to Sort Various Different WordPress Blog Emails into Folders

Hi, All,

I am a new member of this forum. I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered, but in searching threads and posts, I couldn't find anything quite like my question. I am hoping you all can help.

I subscribe to several WordPress newsletters (both WordPress.org and WordPress.com; WordPress.com sites are the problem here). Every time someone on one of those sites posts a new blog, I get an email. I want those emails because it lets me preview the post and decide if I want to read it or not. If I decide not to read it, I delete it. If I decide to read it, I will either read it right then or save and read later.

I have tried several times to create a rule that sorts these emails into different folders by the name of the blog. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure how to do that. Every time I've tried, all of the WordPress.com blog posts get dumped into the same folder (whichever rule gets named first). The reason that they all get dumped in the same folder is because the emails telling me about the new blog post all come from donotreply@wordpress.com. Each email, however, is annotated with the name of the originating blog (for example, "Leadership Principles", "deCOMPOSE", "Sketcherz", "Christian Apologetics Alliance", and so forth).

I know that there must be a way to capture the blog name in the rule, but I'm not sure how to do it. It's probably pretty simple and obvious, too, but I'm missing it.

I have attached a SnipTool of the Outlook screen so that you know what I'm talking about.

Any specific help any of you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Robert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Outlook-Rules-Question-2013-12-21-annotated.jpg (130.2 KB, 8 views)