View Single Post

Old 12-15-2013, 10:06 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariocesar View Post
I have an Excel workbook with a column of more than 35 numbers in it, when I save the file as CSV file because I'm importing in to Indesign later, the field with the 35 numbers changed to a different digit and also lettering, how can I the same numbers from original file.
Since Excel has only a 15-digit precision, any longer numeric string would already have to be stored as text. Such a string will be stored as such in the CSV. You can confirm that by opening the CSV file with a text editor like NotePad. Re-open the CSV in Excel, though and all you'll see is a number like 1.23456789012345E+39. Thus, this is a problem with the way Excel opens CSV files, not with how it stores CSV data.