View Single Post

Old 12-13-2013, 08:06 PM
cuttlefish cuttlefish is offline Windows 8 Office 2007
Novice

cuttlefish is on a distinguished road
Red face Cannot import backup to Office 2007

Hi folks, yep, I'm a Newbie to this forum, so I'll try not to screw up on my first post

In a moment of insanity I decided to use iCloud in addition to my normal procedure of Outlook '07 being backed up on both an external HDD and the usual 'C' Drive. Big mistake!

I have an iPhone5, iPad3, 64 bit PC running Windows 8 and of course Office 2007.

In between messing about with my contacts, calendars, and what have you betwixt the various devices and 07 applications, I have 'lost' all the CONTACTS on my PC Outlook application.

Normally, I am pretty proficient with all this stuff (normally) and am comfortable with import/importing data to and from Outlook so first thing I did was to IMPORT a back up made only a few days earlier from initially my C Drive and then the External HDD - oooops, no way!

I got a message saying that the file (.pst) I was trying to import was already in use on my PC!

I did much scuffling around, lots of Googling but no luck so, here I am, seeking help!

The thing is that ALL my contacts etc. are complete and intact on the two Apple Devices and on iCloud but there seems no way I can get them to download to Outlook on my PC?

It appears that somehow I have to something about the naming of the .pst file or even start a new folder. I did try that, not sure how, but it didn't work anyway!

So I'm stuck people, any help would be much appreciated!