View Single Post

Old 01-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Novice

jhweaver
Default Outlook Template for Word Mail Merge

I use MS Office 2000 and have a Word document (1 page) which I regularly email to members of staff and selected external people, as an Email Attachement.

However, when selecting the option to send as an email attachment, I can insert the email address (from the merge list) and enter a subject line for the email. But then it sends a totally blank email page with the word document attached....not very professional looking!

Is there a way of selecting a specific outlook template (.oft file) to attach the mail merged document to?

As each page of the Word document is personalised to the individual (ie Dear Mr Smith, etc), at the moment I have to save each merge page as a seperate document, then manually attach it to the Outlook template and send them as individual emails. Basically what I need is that extra stage in the mail merge option to select the template to use (but that stage doesn't exists as far as I can tell), otherwise the email mail merge works perfectly for my needs.

Hope this makes sense and I hope someone has a 'neat' answer because this is driving me crazy (as well as being extremely convoluted).