View Single Post

Old 12-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Teresa_Lynchburg Teresa_Lynchburg is offline Windows XP Office 2010 32bit
Novice

Teresa_Lynchburg is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Macropod. However, that code produced nothing. I.e., the graphic did not copy from Visio into Word with that code.

The previous code places my graphic (with text) perfectly into the Word document. What I don't understand is why that will render perfectly into a pdf created through the File/Print/ command then printing to the Adobe PDF printer in Word. However, if I use Adobe Acrobat to create my pdf so that I can have bookmarks (either from within Word or directly), the text on the graphic looks bad. Apparently Acrobat is using a different "printer driver" to produce the PDF than my "File/Print/Adobe PDF" driver.

So it sounds to me (and I could be wrong) that we've solved one of two initial upgrade problems:

(1) Word 2010 would not let me "paste special" as a plain metafile, causing several problems. However, that has been solved by the previous macro.

(2) Adobe Acrobat XI Pro would not render a good pdf of the graphic text that was inserted from Visio into Word. I still have that problem, unless I use the workaround (convert the graphic within Word to a Word drawing), which isn't ideal.

If only I could get Acrobat to use the same printer driver as the File/Print function does.

Maybe we'll find a solution through some setting in one of the programs.

Thanks again,
Teresa