View Single Post

Old 12-08-2013, 02:20 AM
michaelbr michaelbr is offline Windows 8 Office 2010 64bit
Novice

michaelbr is on a distinguished road
Default Word 2010: how to save numbered list indent to 0?

I tried several methods to change the indentation for numbered/ordered list, but it seems that the changes is only for the current list I'm working on. If I exit Word and goes back in the same document again, the list will indent to its default value, which is 0.25" for numbered list. Is this a bug or I'm not doing it right?

This is what I did:
1) created a list, right click anywhere in the list, then select Adjust list indent, then set the indent to 0
2) opened the template Normal.dotm in C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templat es, then created a list, right click anywhere in the list, then select Adjust list indent, then set the indent to 0, then removed the list and saved the template (had to save with another name, delete the old one and rename it back to Normal.dotm)
With either method, when I tried to create a new list (by clicking the list icon below the menu bar), it still shows the indent on the number.

What I'm doing wrong, how can I remove the indent for numbered/ordered list permanently?

Thanks for your comment/suggestion
Michael