View Single Post

Old 12-05-2013, 02:22 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemp57 View Post
I ran it and it lets me choose my datasource, but I want it to remain with the current word document that has all the merge fields set. The code you gave me opens up a new document with no merge fields
No, that's not what's happening. The macro I provided retains all of the mergefields and other content of the document from which it is run. It doesn't simply open a new document. Rather, using the document containing the code, it executes the mailmerge using that document and its mergefields and that process generates a new document containing the mailmerge output.
Quote:
I deleted the .Destination and it works.
Not really; all you've done is killed off the output, which Word will now ask you to specify.
Quote:
Another issue is that it is asking me twice to choose my list from excel before moving on.
To fix that, delete:
.OpenDataSource sPath
Working through the dialog already connects once, so there's no need to do it again. My bad.
Quote:
I also have created a form with a button attached to the code below. How do I get the form to pop up with the Word Document so that I can run the code below?
Without knowing what kind of button, or how you propose to hide it when the output is generated, I can't really say. However, for a more automated approach, move the code to the document's 'ThisDocument' code module and rename it:
Private Sub Document_Open()