View Single Post

Old 12-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Teresa_Lynchburg Teresa_Lynchburg is offline Windows XP Office 2010 32bit
Novice

Teresa_Lynchburg is on a distinguished road

Thanks very much for the replies, but I still need help. Here is why... I did a similar macro earlier from code that another person had given me. Unfortunately, the text still came out fuzzy when I made a PDF using the Adobe Create PDF add-on in Word. That made no sense, since the plain metafile should have been the solution.

Here is my previous macro:

Sub PasteSpecialVisioGraphic()
Selection.PasteSpecial placement:=wdInLine, datatype:=wdPasteMetafilePicture
End Sub

So I made another macro with your code, and still got the same fuzzy text results.

I have found a workaround, although I am not pleased with it because it not only takes extra steps, it changes my Word document in a way I don't like. The workaround is: After I paste the picture into Word using the macro, I right-mouse-click on the graphic in Word, select Edit Picture, and change it to a Word drawing. The PDF then comes out great when using the Adobe Create PDF feature in Word.

I have attached a copy of the PDF I made using the various options I mentioned so that you can see what I mean.

Using the macro does solve part of the problem in that the Visio graphic pastes into the Word document at the same (correct) size, and the graphic (not text) part does render into the pdf correctly, which it did not as an enhanced metafile. I just don't understand why the text comes out at poor quality now instead of perfect quality, as it did when using Word 2002.

If anyone has any ideas that will eliminate the final step of changing the macro into a Word drawing (the workaround), I would welcome that suggestion. However, if there's no way to eliminate that workaround, I sure would welcome some code to add to the existing macro so that I would not have to manually do the workaround. (I'm sorry for begging, but I am not good with writing code.)

Thanks again for your responses.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf MacroTest.pdf (288.5 KB, 12 views)