View Single Post

Old 12-02-2009, 01:21 AM
IG&H IG&H is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

IG&H is on a distinguished road
Default autofill data using keywords or button clicks

i have been asked to create an excel spreadsheet for users with little or no experience of excel, the idea is that the user either clicks on a button and it fills in multiple cells with pre defined data or enters a keyword which automaticly fills in multiple cells with pre defined data, i have experience of excel but very limited knowledge of visual basic, so really im just wondered what would be the easiest and simplest way of doing this, i dont mind researching a topic myself but as i said im unsure of what would best suit my situation, i have tried looking at drop down lists and combo boxes etc but got a little lost and didnt really get anywhere, i have uploaded where i have got to so far, its simple enough it has buttons which copy and paste data from one sheet into the master db (dist board) sheet, the only problem is the users could have 100 dist boards for every customer, so whenever i copy the db sheet to say db(1) it copies the buttons fine, but they always want to copy the data into db and not the new db(1) sheet, as obviously thats what the vb script is telling ti to do, if that makes any sense, any help would be appreciated
Attached Files
File Type: xls Deviation Schedule (New Template).xls (178.0 KB, 34 views)