View Single Post

Old 11-22-2013, 11:27 AM
BobBridges BobBridges is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Expert

BobBridges has a spectacular aura aboutBobBridges has a spectacular aura about

You didn't ask any actual questions , so I'm having to guess, but it sounds like you're saying you know how to transfer the values (once you find them) from the file to the worksheet, using Range. And you've already demonstrated that you can read a file and detect certain values in it. Yet you're here asking for help, so there must be some part of the program you don't know how to write. But what is it? I want to help—automation is one of the funnest things I do, and helping someone else learn it is right up there too. But I need a hint.

Or maybe you need a hint: You can see that you're not sure how to proceed, but you can't see what questions to ask. So let me try leading:

1) Does the value "1900" go into your worksheet, or is it just a trigger that tells you the data you want to save will be on the next line?

2) Once you have a line with data you want to save, do you want to put the whole line into a worksheet cell, or just part of it? If part of it, what VBA statements will you use to extract just the part you want?

3) Once you have the data you want to put in the worksheet, how will you decide which row and column to store them in? And what VBA statement will you use for that purpose?

See what you can do with those questions; that'll either clarify for you how to write the program, or clarify for me what kind of help you need. Maybe both.