View Single Post

Old 11-18-2013, 07:04 AM
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013

Stefan Blom is a name known to allStefan Blom is a name known to allStefan Blom is a name known to allStefan Blom is a name known to allStefan Blom is a name known to allStefan Blom is a name known to all

Quote:
1. The text that I'm trying to insert has paragraph spacing before & after set to auto, but my doc has it default to 0, so every single time I inserted a text, I had to highlight the inserted paragraph and remove manually the spacing before and after.
2. Thanks for this tip. Is there anyway that I can tell Word NOT to insert styles from other docs/sources?
I've noticed that after few pastings, I had quite a few Normal (web) styles in my style list, and it keeps growing when I try to insert new texts from web pages.
1. This shouldn't happen if you are pasting in plain text format.

2. You can change the setting for "Pasting from other programs" to "Keep text only" in File tab | Options | Advanced (look under "Cut, copy, and paste").

But note that you will have to remove the undesired styles that have already been pasted into the document. Once the styles have been applied to text in your document, pasting text may give you undesired formatting of course.

If everything else fails, explicitly paste in plain text format via Home tab | Paste | Paste Special.

Microsoft 365 apps for business
Windows 11 Professional