View Single Post

Old 11-01-2013, 05:32 PM
ClaireB ClaireB is offline Mac OS X Office for Mac 2011
Advanced Beginner

ClaireB is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Inserting material after Endnotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
As I don't use Mac Word, I can only advise on the basis of what I see in Win Word. So, the way you need to access some of the features might differ.

First, after the 15th Section's contents, but before its endnotes begin, insert a new Section break. For example, if you have an 'Endnotes' heading, insert the Section break after that.

DONE

Next, change your endnote setup from 'End of document' to 'End of section'. Make sure the numbering is also set to 'continuous' rather than 're-start' for the whole document. To make these changes, you will need to access the footnotes/endnotes menu. In Word 2003, that's done via Insert>Reference>Footnote. In Word 2010, it's done via References>Footnotes. For the moment, this will cause all of your endnotes to relocate to the ends of their respective Sections.

DONE

Next, select all of the first 14 Sections (i.e. not including the Section with your 'Endnotes' heading), then use the Page Layout>Page Setup tools to access the 'Suppress endnotes' option and check it. In Word 2003, that's done via File>Page Setup>Layout. In Word 2010, it's done via Page Layout>Page Setup>Layout.

NOT DONE. I CANNOT FIND ANY OPTION ANYWHERE (NOT IN PAGE LAYOUT / PAGE SETUP / LAYOUT) THAT SAYS "SUPPRESS ENDNOTES".

Your endnotes should now appear back where they were before. Any content you now insert into the body of the document after the final Section break will appear after the endnotes.
SINCE I COULD NOT SUPPRESS THE ENDNOTES, THE REST OF THIS DID NOT WORK EITHER.

I'm getting desperate!