View Single Post

Old 10-24-2013, 01:08 AM
slaycock slaycock is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Expert

slaycock is on a distinguished road
Default Word 2013: Hyperlinks in word created pdf open in web browser and not acrobat reader

I have been using Word 2013 to create documents with hyperlinks which are then saved as as pdf. When viewing the file using acrobat reader then clicking on the links in the pdf opens the next document in the default web browser (chrome) rather than in acrobat reader.

If I disable the pdf plug-ins in chrome then clicking on the hyperlinks just brings me to a save file dialog box.

If I view the pdf file using my pdf package (Nitro 9) then the blue hyperlink whilst appearing blue does not function as a hyperlink.

Finally if I validate the pdf as part of a submission package using the eCTD EURSValidator tool the pdf is flagged as being non compliant because it does not contain the required hyperlinks.

If I take the same word file and create the pdf using nitro then the the hyperlinks behave as expected. The next document opens in whichever pdf reader I am using (and not in chrome). Hyperlinks are recognised by Nitro as well as by acrobat.

Consequently there appears to be an issue with hyperlinks in pdf documents created by Word 2013. How do I get hyperlinks in pdf documents produced by Word to behave correctly ?