View Single Post

Old 10-22-2013, 02:30 PM
sleake sleake is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Advanced Beginner

sleake is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Header Gallery Quick Part Displays > in 2007 but not 2010

Word 2010 is being rolled out on my project, but our customer is still using 2007. I designed a new template using custom galleries: Custom Cover Pages, Headers, Footers, and Table of Contents, among others, to help us editors deal with extensive document corruption since loading 2010. We are saving every document as RTF, and then Word, then pasting into this new template.

We delivered a document based on this template, and our customer reported that in Word 2007, a closing chevron (>) appears to the left of the first field in the header throughout a document, and in the footer on the table of contents only. The chevron prints. This issue was also identified by two of our staff, who still have 2007.

I recreated a cover page and a TOC and put them into different galleries, Custom 3 & 4, respectively. No change. The chevron still appears in all headers, and only in the footer of the TOC.

On the inserted coverpage in 2010, there is a tab at the top saying "Different First Page." There's also (sometimes) an icon to the left, which displays the two cover pages from the Custom Cover Page gallery. There's nothing similar in the footer on the TOC.

I've attached a screen shot from our customer.

For us, this is obviously a serious issue. I can upload the template and a document created with it if that would help. Just let me know.

Any thoughts? Causes? Remedies? Workarounds?