View Single Post

Old 10-17-2013, 02:26 PM
JimInWoodstock JimInWoodstock is offline Windows 8 Office 2010 64bit
Novice

JimInWoodstock is on a distinguished road
Default Outlook 2010 has problem with Windows 8Outlook 2010 has problem with Windows 8.1

I just did an in-place upgrade to Windows 8.1 64 bit. I have been using Outlook 2010 with no problems until now. Outlook is running as it did before except for one serious problem. The search function is not working. After installing 8.1 and launching Outlook, everything looked okay. All of the messages were in the correct folders, etc. I then clicked on the search box and that's when the problem started. Using the inbox folder, I entered a known value in the search box. It gave me a " no matches found ". I then clicked on search tools and then clicked on indexing status. It displayed around 1200 items to index. So I waited until the index showed zero items to be indexed, re-launched Outlook, and then tried again. Still can't find anything in the inbox or anywhere else from the Outlook folders. Can I force a re-index of the Outlook folders? Of course, I can reinstall Outlook, but I would rather not if I don't have to. Is there a better way to troubleshoot this problem?
Thanks