Thread: [Solved] Content control problem
View Single Post

Old 10-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anja View Post
Hi,

I have a question regarding content control. Is it possible to make a drop down list where you add few choices, called A, B and C as a drop down list. And than each of this choices is composed of long text (the whole page long).

I found also building block gallery, but I think is not the best decision, because it is saved just on my PC. when someone else open the document he doesn't see those quick parts.

Thank you very much for any help.
Quick parts can be saved in templates, not just on your PC, but the usual practice is to send documents, not templates.

In your template, you can have IF fields that test for the results of your dropdown and display your page (or more) of text if the result of the dropdown meets the IF field's test criterion. You end up with both being displayed, but the drop down list could give a heading for the following conditional text.

Note that someone skilled with Word can see all alternatives if they want if they are given the Word document. I generally send any such documents as pdf files which will not contain those alternatives once I've completed the document.