View Single Post

Old 10-10-2013, 05:02 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameforum View Post
My macros and autotexts use to work without problem until a year ago. Why they stpped to do it and remained 'petrified', always like they were that day? I need to close every Word session opening the Visual Basic ans save the changes? Or there is a way to restore things like they were, in a way thay the new macros and new autotexts be stored authomatically like before?
Thank you
You are apparently storing your modifications in the file normal.dot. Something is interfering with your ability to save changes to this file, probably a poorly-written Add-In. Another possibility is that you are in a corporate environment where someone in IT has frozen this file.

First option, the one I use, is to put the modifications in other files. Everything except style changes can be stored in a different Global Template.

A second option is to directly open this normal.dot file as a document on the screen, make the changes and save the file. Normal Template in Microsoft Word - How to Open

The third option is to figure out which Add-In is causing the problem and disable or delete it. How to find out whether any Word Add-ins have been installed The Add-Ins that have recently been spotted to do this deal with Blue-tooth functions but Add-Ins written by Adobe and even Microsoft have caused this problem in the past.