View Single Post

Old 10-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Teresa_Lynchburg Teresa_Lynchburg is offline Windows XP Office 2010 32bit
Novice

Teresa_Lynchburg is on a distinguished road

Thanks for getting back to me on this. However, grouping is not the problem -- I always group the graphics.

The problem is that the only graphics that reproduce acceptably as a pdf are ones inserted into the Word document as a plain metafile.

I have done other experiments, such as importing a .wmf file into Word and it renders as a pdf perfectly through Adobe Acrobat. I've opened old Word files with the newer version (with graphics already pasted into it as plain metafiles), and made pdfs. Those graphics were rendered perfectly. However, any format other the plain metafiles just doesn't work -- especially the enhanced metafile.

I found a forum that explained how to write a macro that you can then insert into your normal.dotm file and run instead of pasting a copied image. I played with that by running it from their sample template, and it worked perfectly. However, I'm going to have to read-up on this before modfying my normal template.

One would think that Microsoft woud just give us back that plain metafile paste option.

Again, thanks for your help. If anyone has an option that doesn't involve these "get around" template modifications to fix the Word 2010 shortcoming, please let me know.