View Single Post

Old 10-02-2013, 05:52 AM
davesp davesp is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

davesp is on a distinguished road

Morning Bob.

Still no luck after multiple variations of the process....

Running out of time to complete this, so I will likely pass the import file as is to the user I intended to "send" the appt too and have him upload or import the file into his calendar...

However, in the interest of finding a solution, I did some experimenting this morning.

1. I exported an appt in xls, Excel 97-2003 - and re-imported it allowing duplicate appt. Going thru the import wizard, I clicked on Map Custom Fields which will allow you to see what you are importing and the suppossed results in Outlook when the import is complete. The process, tried twice, added the appt to my calendar, but did not popluate the required or optional attendees field. I then send you an appt and repeated the process. In these attempts the process added a duplicate appt, with the "send update" button active, making me believe that Outloo recognized that an update to the existing appt was created.

2. I exported the appt as a CSV, DOS file and re-imported it (yes, I view the file in Notepad and the double quotes were present. The results were the same, the appt was created in my calendar, but without the required or optional attendees fields populated.

At this point, I am all but giving up, unless you have discovered something else to try...

Dave