View Single Post

Old 09-30-2013, 07:26 AM
Straitsfan Straitsfan is offline Mac OS X Office 2007
Advanced Beginner

Straitsfan is on a distinguished road
Default Can I buy windows XP somwhere?

I'm using a copy of XY professional that I have for work; i run bootcamp on my Mac with it. The other day I tried to install it again as another Virtual machine (because i'm always getting messages about the disk space being low and I have to eliminate unnecessary files), but when I tried to register/actviate it said I had exceed the number of times I could do it. I managed to contact Microsoft and get another product key. I activated the VM but boy was it slow -- I'm not sure what went on, but I couldn't seem to download some of the necessary software for my work (although I have no problem using the bootcamp partition).

I thought I might like to buy a copy of XY for myself, thinking that it might be cheaper than a new windows version, and it works fine with what I have to do. But is it possible to buy a copy anywhere and if so where? i need SP 3 as well. I'm using word 2002 for my work as well, so if I need to buy a newer version, it'll have to be able to support that version of word and the other office applications for 2002. Any and all help/advice is welcome.