View Single Post

Old 09-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Cassera Cassera is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

Cassera is on a distinguished road
Default Office support saying my network is not clean

I called Microsoft Office to have Office transferred from my old computer to my new one. During that process, they told me that my computer is throwing lots of errors and warnings and the support guy told me that they need to clean my network. He told me the charge for this is $150.00 but I can get it discounted for $99.00. He said I can try using Office with my current dirty network but it will not work properly. Is this a bunch of b.s.? They said they will monitor the network for 2 months to make sure it is okay. But after those 2 months if it gets infected again and throws errors then I have to get it cleaned one again and pay that price again. I think this is a bit ridiculous. Does anybody else know what they are talking about and do I HAVE to get the errors fixed???

BTW, bestbuy gave me another Office 2013 key for free for my frustrations this way I don't have to pay Microsoft to transfer it to my new computer. I installed it and it seems to be working fine. Despite what the support guy said.